Faux Candles from Pill Containers
Battery tea light
hot glue gun & glue
Paint suitable for plastic
1. start off with a pill container with child proof lid. The container used in this tutorial was 2.5" x 1.75"
2. Remove lid from container
3. Remove the plastic insert from the container lid
4. Trim the seal to fit the inside of the container
5. insert the seal into the container
6. Needs to be inserted to about .75"
7. Secure the seal with a couple of dabs of hot glue, then run a bead of hot glue around rim of container
8. Add a bead of hot glue about the size of a peanut approx .25" intervals of the rim and allow this to run down the outside of container (vary the amounts of glue for a more realistic, uneven look)
9. Add additional beads of glue, varying the amounts, between the previous applied glue, again allowing the glue to run down. Try to avoid strings of glue.
10. When the glue is cooled down, wash with liquid soap and water, thoroughly dry then paint with a suitable paint for plastic. For best results and coverage use a spray paint
11. Finally, insert the tea light. These lights can be used indoors or outdoors, and especially in areas where a normal candle would be hazardous. Great for giving additional atmosphere to a graveyard scene
|Home Page||Back to Tutorials|